Re: The next Cal-QRP Club Kit

W6IPA

Ivan,

There are a lot of options out there for the K3NG based keyed (i built 5 different versions).
The one that will be available is using a mega 2560 mini.
Nothing revolutionary.
There is a header for a PS2 keyboard but primary goal was to have something that can be used with a logger in contests.
It’s really a platform that you can use to add features and experiment - there are few digital and analog pins that are on headers to be able to add functions, and a support for 6 memory buttons.
I am slowly adding files on thingiverse - i don’t know that this will be the final repository.

JC

On Apr 23, 2019, at 1:20 PM, Ivan Hazelton <ivanhazelton@...> wrote:

I've built one designed by Josh Wood (w0odj) and sourced by Kees Talen (k5bcq)  that uses a Aruduino MEGA  2560. I just received a second PCB from Kees that he designed himself for take advantage of the smaller sized Arduino MEGA 2560 mini, but have yet to break the seal on that one yet.

If you're interested, there is a forum for the K3NG keyer at radioartisan.groups.io and hosted by the primary software developer, Anthony Good (k3ng)

-Ivan Hazelton, NL5I
(425) 325-4826 google voice

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:52 AM John <ve3ips@...> wrote:
but ho does the memeber from toronto,canada who cant attend get a kit?
John ve3ips

FT8 is not Ham Radio Try QRP cw or SSB instead

Note: Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents ) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 2:28 PM Michael N6MST via Groups.Io <mst72481=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is awesome! I looked at scratch building one a while back but decided my skills were not up to the task. A fabbed PCB and a parts list is doable, though! Thanks for all the hard work J.C. and Doug!

Join CalQRP@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.