This Bulletin Board is where Freecycle members in Montgomery County, MD, can have a friendly chat among like-minded people. Just keep it polite and free of politics, religion, or topics not appropriate for all ages.
- Share community resources, including "freebies" as well as "nearly free" resources, for example, thrift stores.
- Ask for info. If you've got a "How do I?" or a "Where can I find?" sort of question, this is the place to seek answers.
- Offer and request coupons and coupon codes.
- Discuss Freecycle -- how to get the most out of your local group. Have ideas on how to get out the word on Freecycle? Please post them here.
- Ask for help. Freecycle group members can offer you great advice here on all sorts of subjects. All you have to do is ask!
- Offer Services. Want to volunteer your services for a needy cause or a worthwhile fellow member? This is the place! Nonprofits can also seek volunteer help here.
- No advertising! Cafe Montgomery is an advertising/spam-free zone. Please do not recommend your own business or service; it means so much more when someone else recommends you!
- No Freecycle-approved items! Please do not post anything here that is allowed on local Freecycle groups -- please post that on your local group instead, as this is not an actual Freecycle group.
- No buying/selling/trading! As on Freecycle groups, everything must be free. (Advice on where to buy/which service to hire is OK.)
Want to find a new home for a perfectly good item you don't need any more? Try the Montgomery County Volunteer Center's Donations & Collections Resource Page
to find organizations that accept donated items.
Yard Sale announcements
You may post yard sale announcements on CafeMontgomeryMD.
- Permitted announcements include those for sales held by individuals, as well as neighborhood sales and charity/church flea-market-style fundraisers.
- One announcement is allowed per sales event.
The Cafe was founded in March 2005.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
Group Email Addresses