Installing CC 2.05 on MB Pro with OS 11.0.1(Big Sur)

Philip Alley

I too installed the new (to me) CC2.05. (Had used old version successfully a while ago.) I had to download Java to complete the install. (jre-8u271-macosx-x64.dmg)

I did move the CC Contests folder to Documents first as instructed but when launching CC I get the "No contests found" message.

In looking in Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy - Files and Folders there is no mention of Java.

If I click on "Full Disk Access" there is a check box selection availavble for "Java Remove". If I check that box, then :
"Java Remove
Full Disk Access" appears under Files and Folders but this entry is dimmed out.  Either way, restarting CC 2.05 still results in "No contests found".

TNX in advance! Phil AA2EA Louisville KY

NE1RD B. Scott Andersen

Dear Phil,

Please try the following:

1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Security & Privacy
3. Click on Full Disk Access
4. Unlock by authenticating (open the lock in the bottom left)
5. Look for Java in the list of applications.  IT PROBABLY ISN'T THERE. We will likely need to add it.
6. Click the + button if Java is not present
7. In the search box (upper right) type "java"
8. You should now have a list of applications with "java" in the name. You will likely have multiple instances of Java. That's normal.
9. Select all the instances of "java" (click the top one, then shift-click the bottom one to select the range)
10. Click "Open" to add those selected applications to the list
11. Verify that every java you selected has a checkmark by it. I had three, so all three are now checked.
12. Close System Preferences

You should now have no more permissions problems with Java. I can't say if that fixes everything--you need to try it and see. But, without these permissions I wouldn't expect anything to work, so it was a necessary first step.

Please let me know if this helps. It is is a success, you might want to tell the group, too!

Thanks for your patience. We'll work through this.

-- Scott (NE1RD and Author of CabConverter)

ne1rd --at-- arrl --dot --net----

Philip Alley

Scott,

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

When I go to Full Disc Access there is (already) a checked entry “Java Remove”.

When I went to add and search and entered “Java” the only entry returned was “Java Remove”

I though perhaps this meant that my Java download and install had not worked properly.  So I clicked through that again getting a notice tat the install was successful.
BUT nothing changed.  Still seeing only “Java Remove”.

I clicked on CabConverter.jar but still got the "No contests found” message.

In short, no progress.

Regards,
Phil

On Dec 6, 2020, at 12:50 PM, NE1RD B. Scott Andersen via groups.io <bsandersen@...> wrote:

[...]

William Radcliffe

I have same problem.  no contests message.  Tried following the stepa listed for Phil and won'tt let me select the three java files.

Bill

NE1RD B. Scott Andersen

William,

Please see this message: https://groups.io/g/CabConverter/topic/running_cabconverter_in_big/78777167

and watch the video mentioned on the group's home page for instruction on how to start CabConverter from the Terminal command line. If this doesn't work for you, please let us know. We're all getting used to the new MacOS release.

Thank you,

-- Scott (NE1RD and author of CabConverter)

todd ruby

Hey Scott
I am still using Mojave and I will continue to do so until Apple won’t support it any longer. I have Microsoft Office for Mac which won’t run on the upgrades for one thing and CC which works easily on this OS as well.

I checked with the all seeing eye of David Allred who said that was a fine plan.

73 es tnx

todd
WB2ZAB