CabConverter can't find CCContests folder

Dale L Puckett

Hello All!

I use MacLoggerDX and for the past eight or 10 years I have used CabConverter to get my Kansas QSO Party Log into the Cabrillo format for submission.

This year I can't get CabConverter to find the CCContests folder even though I have placed it exactly where it is supposed to be (in my users' documents folder).

I have tried in on Monterey Beta 6, Big Sur and even tried Catalina. Same results everywhere. I even tried launching it from the terminal. Same Result!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I need to get the Wichita Amateur Radio Club merged log submitted for 2021.

Thanks!

73 de Dale
K0HYD in Goddard, KS (W0U) in the QSO Party
--
73 de Dale
K0HYD

NE1RD B. Scott Andersen

Dale,

I've replied directly to you offering to help. I hope we can get you going quickly.

-- Scott (NE1RD and author of CabConverter)

Scott Douglass

Thank you sent this to the wrong Scott.

73, K2SD,

Scott Douglass,

Fleetwood North Carolina

From: "CabConverter@groups.io" <CabConverter@groups.io> on behalf of "NE1RD B. Scott Andersen via groups.io" <bsandersen@...>
Date: Monday, September 6, 2021 at 4:07 PM
To: "CabConverter@groups.io" <CabConverter@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CabConverter] CabConverter can't find CCContests folder

Dale,

I've replied directly to you offering to help. I hope we can get you going quickly.

-- Scott (NE1RD and author of CabConverter)

Dale L Puckett

Many thanks to Scott for the quick response and offer to help. Fortunately, I was able to find my installation on my Catalina based iMac (2013).

I was able to process my .adif logs and submit out club entry in the Kansas QSO Party!

Again, many thanks to Scott for creating CabConverter.

73
Dale - K0HYD

--
73 de Dale
K0HYD

JJ <wr5e@...>

Scott--

Somewhat similar to Dale, I cannot seem to get CabConverter to "see" the CCContests folder.  The README instructions have been followed (several times now).

The situation here is having a MacBook Pro (2019) running Monterey, MacOS 12.0.1.  Right now, and as best I could sense from the README, CCContests is in my Documents folder (/users/JJ/Documents/CCContests), the CabConverter folder (from the downloaded .tar file) is sitting on my desktop, and the CabConverter.jar "app" is also sitting on my desktop.   I did download and install Java from the website (the Java that runs is 1.8.0_311) yesterday.  When firing up CabConverter.jar, I am consistently receiving the message starting with "No contests found. Read the README.rtf file...." message.  Any idea on where to proceed with getting the CCContests folder's (sitting in my /Documents folder) contents to be "read"?

Note: I have never in the 40+ years of being a ham entered a contest, even when living working overseas as DX for ~14 years - it was just not something that interested me until recently.  But, I have finally decided to "give it a go" with trying a first attempt with this weekend's ARRL November Sweepstakes. One thing noticed was the need for submitting logs via Cabrillo format.  I have been a MacLogger user/adopter since the early 2000s.  Hence the need for an adif to Cabrillo.

JJ, WR5E

NE1RD B. Scott Andersen

JJ,

Good morning. The CCContests folder needs to be in your Documents directory. Try that first.

If you are still having trouble, contact me off the list at ne1rd --at-- arrl.net and I'll work with you (probably on Zoom) to get you going.

Note that CabConverter has been declared end-of-life as of this spring precisely because Apple's permissions scheme makes things hard for the Java-based CabConverter to run. I've recommended that all users check out Skookum Logger (available in the app store) for future contests.

All that said, I'll help you get this one submitted to CQ. It is fun to see your score in the database! Let me know if you need more help, or if the move of the CCContests folder to the Documents folder fixes things. (It doesn't matter much where the JAR file lives.)

Again, I'm here to help. 73!

-- Scott (NE1RD)