Chesapeake Math Program CMPemail@example.com
The Chesapeake Math Program forum is for families interested in information about math opportunities for students in high school, middle school, and advanced elementary school students. We provide information about classes, contest opportunities, and other programs. CMP serves all students in any type of school, including public, private, charter, and homeschool families. We serve any student at any level, but we specialize in providing information on opportunities for gifted students who need more resources than the school system is able to provide.
Founded and directed by Catherine Asaro, the Chesapeake Math Program originally served families in Maryland, but also in Virginia, DC, Pennsylvania and Delaware. This email group has since expanded to include members from any location, and any interested families are welcome to join. In 2019, Dr Asaro moved to Long island and so no longer runs the classes, contest teams (HMMT, PUMac etc), or AMC/AIME/USAMO programs that she did in Maryland. However, she continues to maintain this list. Also, other groups have stepped in to continue the programs, and they regularly post here as well.
This group is the descendant of the Yahoo hchemathclub group founded in roughly 2000. We moved here when Yahoo groups email passed on in December 2020.
For more information about the Chesapeake Math Program, see www.washingtonian.com/2017/01/11/shes-harvard-phd-author-26-novels-shell-also-get-kids-like-math/
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.