FTDI vs Prolific USB Adapter chip set

VE2DX

If you are shopping for a USB cable to use with ICOM radios, the most important thing to look for is the chipset.

over the years we have encountered thousands of issues with Prolific and pl2303 chip sets, you realy want to stay anway from these.The main issue is that they have been counterfieted in China and the copies are really bad, causing configurations and communication issues.

the chip set you want to look for are FTDI chip sets like we use in the CT-17B VE2DX ICOM CI-V hubs, these are the best and really plug and play in Windows 10.

hope this helps :-P
--
Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
https://groups.io/g/CIV