CI-V address can I change them?

VE2DX

The answer is YES, but you must understand that this will affect your applications and something the other devices linked to your radio

The ICOM CI-V protocol uses 2 digit adressing for the ICOM radios, in most cases the addresses are predefine depending on the radios example 7300 is H94.

obviously because of this, most softwares have these addresses defined also by default, thus if you change you CI-V address then you MUST also change your software.

This is common is situation like SO2R where you want to have lets say 2 IC-7300 on the same CI-V bus obviously one of them will be at H94 but what about the otheone, you must change the address of the second one or there will be a conflict.

becarefull, some non-icom CI-V devices like the WX0B first generation Bandmaster need to have the ICOM device address of the originating radio to be able to work thus these may also need to be reconfigured.

:-P

--
Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD 
https://groups.io/g/CIV
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

Michael WA7SKG

Also keep in mind that while there is a default address for each model of radio, some applications hardcode these addresses, so if you change the address in the radio, the application may not work.

Further, the universal address of 00 will work with most Icom radios. This address is used by some applications that control only basic functions like mode and PTT. In some radios, there are menu settings that may control whether the radio responds to the universal address.

Normally, about the only reason to change the CI-V address is if you have multiple radios of the same model on a common CI-V bus. In that case, it would be a good idea to refer to a list of default addresses to avoid a conflict.

Michael WA7SKG

VE2DX

Very good info Micheal...

yes address 00 is often used by hardware also... it is also interresting to know that CI-V is a handshake protocol thus the protocol ids the host (application or device starting the conversation) and destination (likely to be radio).

and response reverses these two to reply .

i will put a post up on this

hope this helps :-P
--
Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD 
https://groups.io/g/CIV
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014