Correst CI-V operating voltage

VE2DX

Hello gang, someone sent me a message asking a very good question, what IS the correct CI-V voltage;

The answer is fairly simple 5VDC PtoP.

The idle CI-V voltage should be 5VDC and drops to near Zero when a bit is sent!

But, I have seen different OEN devices driving CI-V all the way down to 3.3VDC and work fine.

I strongly suggest you drive any projects at 5VDC to play it safe.

Please keep in mind, if you measure using a DVM, the resulting reading is false, since depending on the data your average voltage will vary a lot!
This should be properly be measured using a Scope NOT a DVM.

Please share your projects with the group.

Hope this helps

--
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014