From: CARS@groups.io <CARS@groups.io> on behalf of Mike Adams <mkdms.or@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2018 5:22 PM
To: CARS@groups.io
Subject: [CARS] Walters Hill Repeater is alive again

The Walter's Hill UHF Repeater (441.625 MHz +146.2) is back on the air.  Please exercise it this week and let me know if you have any issues with it.
-Mike, N7THF

Vaughn Lewis

Thanks, Ken, for the update.  We experienced the same variability with the repeater.  It would be crystal clear for various lengths of time and would the deteriorate part way through a QSO.  Thanks for your follow-up.

'73 Vaughn, AC7HO

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:48 PM, K7ICY/ Ken Tolliver <ktolliver@...> wrote:

Walters Hill Repeater Update:

Mike Adams and I swung by the Walter's Hill Repeater site a week ago. We bypassed the Power Backup equipment, and hooked it up to a new Astron Power Supply. It seemed to be working then; so we left. Later, it started only keying up for a brief period  of time. I'm guessing our Tone Decoder Board has problems again--- for the 3rd time.

To get it back on the air, we will just replace the repeater with our last Yaesu Fusion Repeater and cannibalize what we can from the old repeater. We will probably get it done this coming weekend.

73

Ken Tolliver

K7ICY

503-544-7945