Topics

Clark County Ham Class in November and again in January

K7ICY/ Ken Tolliver

FYI:

Here is some Ham Class info from Clark County.

KT

K7ICY

The Clark County Amateur Radio Club will sponsor beginning amateur radio classes in November, 2017, and January, 2018.  We have room in both classes.  The November class will meet Nov 10, 11, 17, and 18.  The January 2018 class will meet January 18, 19, 25, and 26.  More information can be found at www.w7aia.org under License classes.

During the recent hurricanes in Caribbean and Gulf states amateur radio operators were prepared and ready if needed to support their communities.  The communication facilities (particularly cell service) in Texas and Louisiana continued to work, but hams provided valuable help in Florida, Puerto Rico, Dominica, US Virgin Islands, and probably other islands that were leveled by Maria.  Most of Puerto Rico still has limited phone and power a month after the hurricanes.

Some reasons I earned my amateur radio license include:

·         General interest in electronics and communication

·         Desire to help my community during times of communication outages.

·         Fun learning where my station can reach and where it cannot (both are useful to know).

·         Learn how I can improve my station and my ability.

·         Talk with interesting people on the air and in person.

Please pass this message to friends and family members.  Earning your license is fairly easy if you study the basic material.  We do not charge tuition for our classes.  We recommend but do not require that you acquire a study guide; I have copies of the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual that I sell for $27 (MSRP $29.95).  The license test costs $15.  We teach the class to help you learn the basic material and we add information on how to choose a radio, how to operate, and answer questions.

To enroll, just send me an email.

Delvin R. Bunton

N7QMT --

drbunton@...