From: "Ron Notarius W3WN via groups.io" <wn3vaw@...>
Date: 8/19/20 13:37 (GMT-05:00)
To: butternut@groups.io
Subject: [butternut] Patented?

I just came across a bit of trivia that I never knew before...

Did you know... that Don Newcomb WØDN, the inventor of the Butternut verticals and the original owner of Butternut Electronics Corporation, applied for and got a patent for the HF9V, as well as earlier models?

Well, it's true!  See:

73, ron w3wn

Siegfried Jackstien

nice catch ...

what i see when i look the pdf files is that the 12 and 17m in the patent is made a bit different ... its a rod and a cap ... but in the hf9v we see the two coils and the metal strips for the two warc bands ....

the overall principle in the antenna is well explained (also how and why on 15m not the whole antenna is working as radiator etc.)

another 4 files to drop in my butternut folder :-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc