From: Butternut@groups.io <Butternut@groups.io> on behalf of Tim N8NEU <t.m.kelly@...>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2019 7:39 PM
To: Butternut@groups.io <Butternut@groups.io>
Subject: [butternut] HF6V Modification To Incorporate 6 Meter Band

I brought my HF6V out of moth balls in the last 3 weeks. I clean it well and reconstructed the antenna from instructions downloaded from the internet. I have laid out 16 radials ranging from 4, 8, 10, 16, 20, 25, 30 feet. I believe there are 2 of each lengths. My SWRs on 80, 40, 30 and 20 meters are all under 1.8. The upper bands are all under 2.3 and managed with a MFJ 949E antenna tuner.

My question is, can the 15 meter band wire antenna be replaced with a different length of wire and be use for the 6 mete band. If so can someone provide the details?

Thank you and 73

N8NEU - Tim
FN00ah

Join Butternut@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.