From: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io> on behalf of babs_oconnor via groups.io <babs_oconnor@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:56 AM
To: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io>
Subject: [BrothersKeeperGenealogy] Split Database

Greetings All,

It seems my attempt to ask this Split Database question yesterday did not transmit, so I'll try again.

I created a Split Database comprising 1172 persons from a total of 6962 in my BK 7.4.

I saved this Split Database in a separate folder to give to my relative. I thus need to include the multitude of relevant picture and media files pertaining to those 1172 relatives in common.

When I tried to access the BKSPLIT.LST in order to copy and paste the files of interest to the new folder, my Windows 10 OS brought up a box with a list of apps to select from. The apps were for: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC; Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Microsoft Office Word; Notepad; Paint; or Internet Explorer.

My question is, how can I choose an app that will maintain the appropriate format for all of the files in the BKSPLIT.LST, which largely comprise pictures, Word and pdf documents?

With thanks for your forbearance and high hopes of benefiting from your combined wisdom,
Babs

Jim Dell

Babs

Trying to understand your question?

Do mean Open the new database?

Or

Do you really want to open the BKSplit.LST?

If it’s the new data base go to the file menu and point BK to that new folder and open it.

Now pictures and other things will probably be pointing back to the original folder.

Jim

That is a text file, so open it with Notepad or WordPad

John Steed