Topics

Re-reading the manual

Jim Ramaley

I have used BK since DOS days and have upgraded on a regular basis.  But I just updated to BK 7.5 and decided to get the hard-copy manual as well.  I urge others to do the same.    Here's why.

The electronic version is great in that you can consult it and search for something whether it is in the index or not.  But reading the hardcopy manual gives you a chance to relearn what you once knew.  By that I mean that all of us fall into certain usage patterns when we have an extremely versatile tool available.  Noone can remember every feature that is available in Excel or in Word or in BK.  Instead we reinforce reports and features that we use frequently and so we forget some of the lesser-used  features.  Picking up the hardcopy was one of most beneficial things I have done in the past few months and I urge others to do the same.

Jim Ramaley, Gettysburg, PA
(No, I am NOT shilling for John Steed!)

Jim Dell

Sounds like you read the manual finally 😊

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020, 4:05 PM Jim Ramaley <james.ramaley@...> wrote:
[...]

Bscccook@...

Is there an update to BK 7.5?? The website indicated the last version was 7.4!!

Bill C.

[...]

Otto Jørgensen

this is the Hompage that tells the trues

http://www.bkwin.com/

---
hilsen/regards Otto -#-

Den 26.06.2020 22:39, skrev Bscccook@...:

[...]

JEFF

I try to buy every version update. My way to support BK.

Jim Dell

Bill C.

If you are a registered user and John Steed has your e-mail he sent a notice that the upgrade was available for purchase.

If he didn’t have your e-mail he’ll be sending a notice by regular mail to registered users.

Help John continue to provide improvements by purchasing a license.

Jim