Topics

Keyboard Short for Compute Relationship

Stafford MacSwain

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for the “Compute Relationship”  Report function? Cannot find any information online and it would be very convienent when entering information.

Stafford MacSwain

Researching MacSwain, Butler, MacLean and MacLeod on Prince Edward Island, Canada and Isle of Raasay, Scotland.

J. P. Gilliver (John)

On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 13:10:22, staffordmacswain@... wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for the “Compute
Relationship”  Report function? Cannot find any information online and
it would be very convienent when entering information.
[]
Not a single shortcut, but from the edit screen: Alt-R, O, C will open it. BK, like many older softwares, will show you with an underline what letter - sometimes (as in the case of the R here) not until you press Alt, others (like the O and C here) without.

Is that what you meant, or did you mean within it once opened? Always worth trying the tab key. (Though in some software, the _sequence_ you get is odd - BK's "Source" one is a case in point, though there is actually logic for where it opens.)

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad - I'm better! (Mae West)

Stafford MacSwain

Thanks, Alt r o c  works perfect. I don’t have to take my hands off the keyboard while I am working.

On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 21:00:31, Stafford MacSwain <staffordmacswain@...> wrote:
Thanks, Alt r o c  works perfect. I don’t have to take my hands off the
keyboard while I am working.
[]
You're welcome.

As I said, press the Alt key and look at the menu bar - lots of things will have a letter underlined; when you press it to open that dropdown, lots of things there will be underlined too. Lots of keyboard shortcuts that way (in BK and lots of other software).

... and how lovely, warm, funny, and just all-round Victoria Woodish she was.
- Richard Osman on Victoria Wood, RT 2017/4/8-14