Topics

Intro and 2 questions

John Steed

To Gina

After a name, you can put Jr. or Sr. and Brother's Keeper will ignore that when indexing by last name.

It ignores the last word if the last word ends with a period.

If you want to spell out Junior or Senior then you can do that, but then click on the Names tab in the middle of the screen and there is a field there for Last Name and Sort name.  Put the real last name in those two fields and then it will still sort and print correctly.

How many people have the cemetery name in the date field?  4000?  Or just a couple hundred?

John Steed

ginamarina

Thank you, John. Just a few hundred, if that. Scattered around. I’m finding many more at findagrave. That’s why I figured I should start doing this right :)

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 11:08 AM John Steed <brothers_keeper@...> wrote:
To Gina

After a name, you can put Jr. or Sr. and Brother's Keeper will ignore that when indexing by last name.

It ignores the last word if the last word ends with a period.

If you want to spell out Junior or Senior then you can do that, but then click on the Names tab in the middle of the screen and there is a field there for Last Name and Sort name.  Put the real last name in those two fields and then it will still sort and print correctly.

How many people have the cemetery name in the date field?  4000?  Or just a couple hundred?

John Steed

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.”*
*-Albert Schweitzer*