Topics

Idea of improvement -- auto-completion of location

David Choukroun

Hello All, John,

is it reasonable to ask for a feature where the location is automatically completed with the right format e.g typing "Paris", will be completed by "Paris, île de France, France" - City, Disctrict, Country or whatever other official formats for a location

I guess this would mean a link towards an external worldwide database + a recognition feature

I have seen this with other SW and this is very convenient

Thanks
David
(Paris, France)

John Steed

To David Choukroun

Thanks for the request.  It would not be easy for me to do that, but perhaps someday I can do that.

It would require either an Internet connection, or a very large file on your computer.

And sometimes the spelling of location names and countries depends on what language you speak.  Since BK runs in more than 10 different languages, it would need to link to 10 different Internet sites or have the correct language database of locations.

John Steed