Topics

Family Number

Tommy Michaels

I sometimes get an error message that mentions a Family number. I am able to print a list of individuals with their BK number. Is there a way to print or see a list of Family Numbers?

Tommy Michaels

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

John Steed

To Tommy Michaels

It is rare to need a family number.  Sometimes the Quality Check finds a problem with a family number, but normally it tells you the BK numbers in the Individuals so you can find the problem.

If you do need a family number for some reason, here are two things you can do.

While you are at the Edit screen,  you can press on the keyboard Ctrl+Shift+F8  and it will ask you to enter a family number and then it will show that couple.

Also on the Edit screen, you can click Options at the bottom of the Events/Facts grid, and there is an option to always show the Family number below the spouse button.

If Quality Check says you have a problem with a couple because the sex/gender is reversed, send me a private message and I will tell you how to fix that.

John Steed

From: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io> on behalf of Tommy Michaels <trmichaels@...>
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 2:24 PM
To: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io>
Subject: [BrothersKeeperGenealogy] Family Number

I sometimes get an error message that mentions a Family number. I am able to print a list of individuals with their BK number. Is there a way to print or see a list of Family Numbers?

Tommy Michaels

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Tommy Michaels

John,

Thanks for the help. I am in the process of changing some file names to have a consistent naming convention. When I do a backup is when I will sometimes get an error message of File not Found and gives a family number. Most of the time it is only a BK number. I have fixed almost all of the File Not Found errors on the media tab, but still have some errors on documents attached to sources.

Tommy Michaels

From: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Steed
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 1:46 PM
To: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BrothersKeeperGenealogy] Family Number

To Tommy Michaels

It is rare to need a family number.  Sometimes the Quality Check finds a problem with a family number, but normally it tells you the BK numbers in the Individuals so you can find the problem.

If you do need a family number for some reason, here are two things you can do.

While you are at the Edit screen,  you can press on the keyboard Ctrl+Shift+F8  and it will ask you to enter a family number and then it will show that couple.

Also on the Edit screen, you can click Options at the bottom of the Events/Facts grid, and there is an option to always show the Family number below the spouse button.

If Quality Check says you have a problem with a couple because the sex/gender is reversed, send me a private message and I will tell you how to fix that.

John Steed

From: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io> on behalf of Tommy Michaels <trmichaels@...>
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 2:24 PM
To: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io <BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io>
Subject: [BrothersKeeperGenealogy] Family Number

Tommy Michaels

Avast logo

www.avast.com