Topics

Boxes appearing on the main BK screen when you first start the program.

davebradshaw@...

Hi everyone:

I have seen this problem a long time ago and I know there is a very simple answer as to how to open the program with no display of boxes on the top of the screen.  I would be grateful to anyone volunteering the information as to how to get rid of the display.

It came about when I upgraded to the newer version of 7.5 and was probably part of a display for people who have not registered.  I have been a registered user for many generations of the program and am still awaiting my cd and manual but in the meantime am working with a downloaded version.

Thanks,

Dave Bradshaw

Jim Dell

Dave,

Under options àother what do you have your screen size set to?

Jim

I have seen this problem a long time ago and I know there is a very simple answer as to how to open the program with no display of boxes on the top of the screen.  I would be grateful to anyone volunteering the information as to how to get rid of the display.

It came about when I upgraded to the newer version of 7.5 and was probably part of a display for people who have not registered.  I have been a registered user for many generations of the program and am still awaiting my cd and manual but in the meantime am working with a downloaded version.

Thanks,

Dave Bradshaw

davebradshaw@...

Attention:  Jim Dell

Hi Jim:

Its set to 1024 x 768.

Should it be something else?

Dave

Under options àother what do you have your screen size set to?

Jim

I have seen this problem a long time ago and I know there is a very simple answer as to how to open the program with no display of boxes on the top of the screen.  I would be grateful to anyone volunteering the information as to how to get rid of the display.

It came about when I upgraded to the newer version of 7.5 and was probably part of a display for people who have not registered.  I have been a registered user for many generations of the program and am still awaiting my cd and manual but in the meantime am working with a downloaded version.

Thanks,

Dave Bradshaw

Jim Dell

Dave
Not at my pc right now but I think I have it set to full screen
Jim

--

Barry P.

The OPTIONS screen  provides many choices for how a user wishes to operate their database.

May I respectfully ask why so many folk ignore the reading of [Menu Item <File><Options>] when first installing BK7 or at periodic intervals.

The BUTTONS (not boxes) at the top of the opening screen is enabled / disabled  under [Menu Item <File><Options><RTF/Other>].

Does the screen size affect this -  Buttons ON or OFF?

Whoops, my bad….

 Does not BK7v5e1 not have that section?  [Menu Item <File><Options><RTF/Other>]. I am still on BK7v4e6

  Barry P.

--==--

I have seen this problem a long time ago and I know there is a very simple answer as to how to open the program with no display of boxes on the top of the screen.  I would be grateful to anyone volunteering the information as to how to get rid of the display.

It came about when I upgraded to the newer version of 7.5 and was probably part of a display for people who have not registered.  I have been a registered user for many generations of the program and am still awaiting my cd and manual but in the meantime am working with a downloaded version.

Thanks,

Dave Bradshaw

J. P. Gilliver (John)

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 19:10:23, Barry P. <@Barry_P> wrote:
The OPTIONS screen  provides many choices for how a user wishes to
operate their database.
[]
The BUTTONS (not boxes) at the top of the opening screen is enabled /
disabled  under [Menu Item <File><Options><RTF/Other>].
[]
 Does not BK7v5e1 not have that section?  [Menu Item
<File><Options><RTF/Other>]. I am still on BK7v4e6
[]
It does. But it's not obvious! When Dave Bradshaw's question first appeared (I'm sure it was earlier than below shows - I think it was a day or two ago; maybe below is when Barry P. got it [perhaps as part of a weekly digest?]), I looked so I could tell him (as I could remember seeing it), including in the File | Options tabs; however, I didn't spot it.

It's about half way down the "RTF/Other" tab: there's a tickbox "Show shortcut buttons for 7 of the commonly used reports", and another three tickboxes for three specific ones.

(Maybe JS will split this tab in future - e. g. into "external editors" and "misc.", perhaps.)

screen when you first start the program.

Hi everyone:

I have seen this problem a long time ago and I know there is a very
simple answer as to how to open the program with no display of boxes on
the top of the screen.  I would be grateful to anyone volunteering the
information as to how to get rid of the display.

It came about when I upgraded to the newer version of 7.5 and was
probably part of a display for people who have not registered.  I have
been a registered user for many generations of the program and am still
awaiting my cd and manual but in the meantime am working with a
downloaded version.

Thanks,

Dave Bradshaw

Worst programme ever made? I was in hospital once having a knee operation and I
watched a whole episode of "EastEnders". Ugh! I suppose it's true to life. But
so is diarrhoea - and I don't want to see that on television. - Patrick Moore,
in Radio Times 12-18 May 2007.