Topics

BK on Linux

Pat Brown

Hi,
   Has anybody had any experience with running BK on a Linux machine, maybe with something like WINE?

Paddy

Mona

I've done it for many years, with Virtual Box on Linux.

I keep all my files on the Linux side, but run the program on VB.

Mona Houser

On 01/30/2020 12:28 AM, Pat Brown wrote:
Hi,
Has anybody had any experience with running BK on a Linux machine,
maybe with something like WINE?

Paddy
_._,_._,_

Pat Brown

Thanks Mona.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020, 4:49 PM Knittin' Nana <list@...> wrote:
I've done it for many years, with Virtual Box on Linux.

I keep all my files on the Linux side, but run the program on VB.

Mona Houser

On 01/30/2020 12:28 AM, Pat Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>     Has anybody had any experience with running BK on a Linux machine,
> maybe with something like WINE?
>
> Paddy
> _._,_._,_

Jim Dell

Paddy

Yes I have BK the latest version installed under wine on PCLinuxOS (http://www.pclinuxos.com/).

You also need to install vb6run which is MS Visual Basic runtime using winetricks.

Haven’t done a full test to see if everything works as expected.

Are you having a particular problem trying to use wine?

Jim

   Has anybody had any experience with running BK on a Linux machine, maybe with something like WINE?

Paddy

Pat Brown

Thanks Jim. I am giving serious consideration to moving to Linux but I need to make sure that a couple of software applications will run on there as I do not want to change. BK is one of these.