Re: Removing imbed code on BK Reports

Andrew Jackett

Hello Kenneth,
I run an earlier version of MS Office Word and for that I don’t need to delete those embedded codes.  I understand that they are placed there by BK so as to create an index of the entries involved.  Presumably you asked BK to prepare an index of records when you sent it to Word.  In my Word program it disregards the imbedded stuff and prints just the main information – what you haven’t highlighted.  I might be wrong with your version of Word but have a go with leaving all the imbedded stuff in there and see if Word prints the RTF and index.  Would save you a lot of effort.

Andrew Jackett of New Zealand

Sent: 1 July, 2020 7:34 PM
To: BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io
Subject: [BrothersKeeperGenealogy] Removing imbed code on BK Reports

G’day to All Brothers Keeper’s user,

I’m wondering if anybody knows of a quick way of removing the [highlighted commands] in my Wood 2010 genealogical reports.

I convert my .RTF files to Word 2000 files and these files are normally on the large size and I end up spending a lot of my time going through my report and removing the [highlighted commands] manually.

A screenshot of a cell phone

Description automatically generated

Anyone got a quick solution for please so I not wasting time going through a 100 page report removing these commands.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Greg Baldwin

Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia

Email: kennethb@...

All incoming & outgoing files & emails checked by Security software BullGuard.

Join BrothersKeeperGenealogy@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.