BrailleBookSwap@groups.ioThis group has been set up to facilitate the exchange of hard-copy braille books primarily in the UK. The RNIB has recently withdrawn braille library facilities, replacing them with single use production of books which can be retained or recycled but not returned. The Braille Book Swap list is available to reduce the destruction of books which might be read several times, thus reducing the consumption of paper, and the energy required to emboss a new copy. The method for transporting books is left to individuals though surviving RNIB canvas book bags would be ideal. Members wishing to make a book available are encouraged to post a short review of the book and the number of braille pamphlets it consists of.
IMPORTANT: To maintain the privacy of members, postal addresses should not be included in messages to the group as these are publicly available on the groups.io forum site. To arrange receipt of a book which has been advertised on the list, members can reply to the post. Their reply will not be copied to the list, but passed to the sender of the original message. This process is currently experimental, and privacy issues should be treated with caution while the process beds in. Before including a postal address, be sure to check that your message is being sent only to the advertiser of the book you are after.
- 59 Members
- 128 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.