#COVID #covid

Deborah Kelly

I want to share a resource I found yesterday. It is a resource for keeping up with appointment availabilities.

Wishing us all good health, and may we make merry together this summer!

Deborah Kelly

Ellen Horowitz

In the Wild West of vaccine hunting, this is a GREAT resource. It's the same one as the previously posted https://vaccine-finder.nickm.org/, created by the guy from NREL (in his spare time!). He has redirected it to https://www.vaccinespotter.org/CO/, as Deborah states below.

It scans all available pharmacies every few minutes. The appointments go fast, but keep at it. I found several appointments nearby.

Happy hunting!
ellen

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 9:39 AM Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I want to share a resource I found yesterday. It is a resource for keeping up with appointment availabilities.

Wishing us all good health, and may we make merry together this summer!

Deborah Kelly

--
Ellen Horowitz
HEADS/up
A division of Holstein Design
303-494-4842

Christine Tracy

Good morning BMW friends,
I saw my dermatologist in Louisville early this morning and she told me that Sam's club has vaccines and is vaccinating people age 60-65. According to the doctor, they have appointments tomorrow.
Best of luck getting your vaccine, 
Christine Tracy 

Robin Enright Salcido <robin.enright@...>

Hey thanks...but I just tried them and none of their locations has it.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 9:22 AM Christine Tracy <christineta2@...> wrote:
Good morning BMW friends,
I saw my dermatologist in Louisville early this morning and she told me that Sam's club has vaccines and is vaccinating people age 60-65. According to the doctor, they have appointments tomorrow.
Best of luck getting your vaccine, 
Christine Tracy 

--
Robin Enright Salcido
Writer, Photographer, Podcast Host

Follow me on Facebook

Changing the narrative on women and aging one story at a time.

Erie in Kingsoopers has frequent openings.

Karen Lin

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Deborah Kelly

I watched the appointments disappear on the Walmart site yesterday, then watched new ones come available. I grabbed one in a flash, but it is in Colorado Springs. Thinking I could cancel it if I were to find one nearer to home, I went on to discover that the state-wide registry blocks me from making some other appointments for the vaccine. It's understandable.

Deborah Kelly

None are available in Erie, as of today.

Poet Val

Safeway on Baseline have a lot available, at least in a couple weeks. It’s where I got mine last week

Valerie A Szarek
Poet/Artist/Healer/Musician

On Mar 6, 2021, at 8:39 AM, Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1@...> wrote:

I watched the appointments disappear on the Walmart site yesterday, then watched new ones come available. I grabbed one in a flash, but it is in Colorado Springs. Thinking I could cancel it if I were to find one nearer to home, I went on to discover that the state-wide registry blocks me from making some other appointments for the vaccine. It's understandable.

lori batcheller

A reminder, this website updates regularly. If you don't find something the first time, keep looking.

From: BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io <BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io> on behalf of Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 6, 2021 8:42 AM
To: BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io <BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BMW] #COVID

None are available in Erie, as of today.

Suzanne Lainson

Tuesday seems to be a day vaccines arrive in a number of places. Monday night and Tuesday morning might be good times to check.

Deborah Kelly

I may cancel my appt. in CS. Walgreens has a lot of appts. available at nearer locations, as of this morning.

Poet Val

Yes, they will show up

Valerie A Szarek

On Mar 7, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1@...> wrote:

I may cancel my appt. in CS. Walgreens has a lot of appts. available at nearer locations, as of this morning.

Catherine Dold

Walgreens has often shown first appointments available, but when you click through to make the second one, they don't have any slots open. 

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 8:33 AM Poet Val <turtleval@...> wrote:
Yes, they will show up

Valerie A Szarek

On Mar 7, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine Dold
Health & Environment Writer
Boulder, CO  
303-543-2390

lori batcheller

I don't know about Walgreens, but when I got mine first one at Safeway, they gave me my second appointment while I was there You might want to call Walgreens and ask if they schedule that way.

Lori

From: BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io <BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io> on behalf of Catherine Dold via groups.io <cathydold@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 8:39 AM

Walgreens has often shown first appointments available, but when you click through to make the second one, they don't have any slots open. 

Yes, they will show up

Valerie A Szarek

On Mar 7, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine Dold
Boulder, CO  
303-543-2390

Robin Enright Salcido <robin.enright@...>

None of the sites showing available appointments allow scheduling--at least on my end. I suspect their on-line system is overwhelmed and am going to make a few old fashioned phone calls.

I know some places have told me they are still focusing on the part of the population that was eligible prior to my group (I'm 61), but I also heard that J&J shipments are coming soon (at least to Kaiser).

I haven't worked this hard to get an appointment since trying (and failing) to see Hamilton!
Good luck everyone.

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 8:46 AM lori batcheller <lori@...> wrote:
I don't know about Walgreens, but when I got mine first one at Safeway, they gave me my second appointment while I was there You might want to call Walgreens and ask if they schedule that way.

Lori

From: BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io <BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io> on behalf of Catherine Dold via groups.io <cathydold=gmail.com@groups.io>

Yes, they will show up

Valerie A Szarek

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine Dold
Boulder, CO  
303-543-2390

--
Robin Enright Salcido

Follow me on Facebook

Catherine Dold

My tip -- you have to check constantly. Appointments are gone in a flash. 

Refresh pages on the vaccine spotter, plus the related twitter account, and the individual pharmacy sites over and over. Get familiar with the individual pharmacy sites (and set up accounts on some) so you are not taking several minutes to fill out the info. Even if you select an appt, and a second appt, it might be gone by the time you fill out your info (happened to me on king soopers site). 

Figure out the zip codes for the more "conservative" (i.e., Republican) counties. They don't seem to go as fast. 

I got my first shot on Friday. I snagged an appt for my partner by checking in the middle of the night. 

By the way, I just saw that the vaccine spotter site is now working in many other states as well...good info if you have friends/relatives who are looking elsewhere.

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 8:51 AM Robin Enright Salcido <robin.enright@...> wrote:
None of the sites showing available appointments allow scheduling--at least on my end. I suspect their on-line system is overwhelmed and am going to make a few old fashioned phone calls.

I know some places have told me they are still focusing on the part of the population that was eligible prior to my group (I'm 61), but I also heard that J&J shipments are coming soon (at least to Kaiser).

I haven't worked this hard to get an appointment since trying (and failing) to see Hamilton!
Good luck everyone.

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 8:46 AM lori batcheller <lori@...> wrote:

Lori

From: BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io <BoulderMediaWomen@groups.io> on behalf of Catherine Dold via groups.io <cathydold=gmail.com@groups.io>

Yes, they will show up

Valerie A Szarek

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine Dold
Boulder, CO  
303-543-2390

--
Robin Enright Salcido

Follow me on Facebook

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine Dold
Boulder, CO  
303-543-2390

Deborah Kelly

Spouse of a friend of mine was vaccinated by using this: https://hidrb.com
Last-minute notifications of extra doses at the end of the day.

ahcarlady

I, like many of you, struggled to get vaccinated while in St Petersburg, FL where we were for January and February. With great determination I finally succeeded and got both appointments for me and #1 my partner, but his in Orlando, two hours away. He just got #2 at Kaiser in Denver area. During my flurry of attempts (one day 9 straight hours on three different devices), I registered for many counties and pharmacies waiting lists. As someone said, “Now we’re begging for appointments, and soon appointments will be begging for people. That seems to be happening because I am getting daily emails offering me appointments at several locations (Boulder and Florida). Craziest is we drove two hours to Orlando Convention Center for Ken’s #1 shot. We made sure to arrive early expecting long lines, even with an appointment. In Disney fashion we drove through winding twists and turns, were told to try getting in line for an earlier time, drove under the parking lot, and came upon lots of workers and only one other car. They gave Ken his shot while in our car, sent us to the 15 minute waiting line. We drove off all within 20 minutes after arrival. My two shots were in Pinellas county where we were living and also took about 20 minutes—very organized and friendly. No side effects. 

Quite an experience.

Marian Thier

3180 Westwood Court
Boulder, CO 80304
303-378-9439

On Mar 9, 2021, at 12:24 PM, Deborah Kelly via groups.io <cebollita1@...> wrote:

Spouse of a friend of mine was vaccinated by using this: https://hidrb.com
Last-minute notifications of extra doses at the end of the day.

--
Marian Thier