Wed. 12/22 - Rikud Revi'i at Brookline VFW
SAVE THE DATE: Annual Israeli Dance Marathon will be at KI on Sat. 12/25 !!!
· 12/22 at Rutledge VFW Post in Brookline; $5 admission (students $3)
· Early partners at 7.30pm; Regular session at 8.00pm; Late partners at 10.30pm
· Community programmer: Sara Epstein
· Masks & proof of vaccination required!
· As some of you have heard, a dancer who was at Nirkoda Bakerem last weekend tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday. Out of an abundance of caution, and to keep our community safe, we have asked anyone who attended the camp to please take the week off from dancing until they have a negative PCR test taken at least 5 days after the potential exposure.
· Marathon on Sat. 12/25 at KI – Admission $18 (children/students $15) – 6.30pm Oldies, 7.30pm Emtza Haderech, 8.30 Anything goes! (open dancing/requests). Same COVID-19 protocols as the regular Wednesday night Rikud Revi’i session. You can submit your requests in advance at: http://horawiki.org/req/
Dancing this Wednesday, December 22, 2021, will be in the Stephan F Rutledge VFW Post #864 hall in Brookline. Directions are below.
7.30-8.00pm – Early partners
8.00pm - Regular session of circles, lines, and partners
Featuring community programmer set by Sara Epstein.
10.30-11.00pm - Late partners
There is a $5 admission fee (cash or check only) to cover room rental expenses. The student admission price is $3.
Vaccination required: In order to keep the community safe during this time, we are going to be requiring proof of vaccination against COVID-19. This means having been fully vaccinated (receiving a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or first dose of the J & J vaccine at least two weeks prior to dancing). You can either bring your vaccination card or a picture of your card to dancing - we will not record any information from the card, just note that you have received the vaccination. Each dancer will need to sign a waiver as well (extra copies will be available at the session).
Masks required: Per recommendations from CDC and the Town of Brookline, we are requiring the use of masks. If you have any COVID-like symptoms (headache, fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell, etc.) please wait until you have a negative PCR test before dancing with us again. Please note that scarves, mesh fabrics, bandanas, and any other item that does not provide well-fitting full coverage of the mouth and nose is not considered a “mask” under this policy.
Rikud Revi'i (Wednesday night Israeli Dancing session) is operated by Greater Boston Israeli Dance, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. We are a 100-percent volunteer organization; every penny we receive in admissions & donations is used to keep the session going!
As always, find us on Facebook at:
Subscribe to our weekly mailing list by sending a blank email to:
Or contact us by email at:
o Directions to Brookline VFW/American Legion Post
Brookline American Legion Post 11
Green Line "C" Branch at Coolidge Corner - 1/2 mile walk
MBTA routes 65 and 66 both have stops very close to the VFW post. Route 66 runs every 15-20 minutes until past 1.00am in both directions (to Harvard and Nubian).
Route 65 (to Brighton Center and Kenmore Sq)
Route 66 (to Harvard, Allston, Brigham Circle, and Nubian)
From Route 9 Eastbound (towards Boston), turn left on Cypress St. After 0.4 miles, turn right on Washington St. The VFW hall is immediately on your right.
There is no on-site parking. Street parking is available on Washington St in front of the VFW post.
o Dances taught recently (circle dances unless otherwise noted):
10/13 – Rokdim Tsmudim (partner), 2020, Tamir Shalev
10/20 – Teta’aru Lachem, 2011, Rafi Ziv
10/27 – Overet Orach, 1990, Ami Ben Shushan
11/3 – Niten Leze Od Yom, 2020, Rafi Ziv
11/17 – Shemesh, 2020, Shari Moreno
12/8 – Limbo (lines), 2015, Yaron Elfassy
12/15 – Gam Ani, 2021, Michael Barzelai