Big Yellow Overpass News

James Bondoux

David mayor Antonio Ara├║z and the minister of public works Rafael Sabonge agreed yesterday to a restart of the work to complete the accesses to the Boquete-David highway overpass above the PanAmerican highway. The project has been left unfinished since 2014.

This may still be several months into the future. And the work is expected to take three to four months to complete, once started. The contract addendum has already been approved with a price tag of $1.25 million. It still requires endorsement by the financial authorities before work can start (as usual, the player with the money calls the tune).

Not having seen the plan, I have to guess, but my sense is that we are talking surface road improvements, not any kind of cloverleaf exchange.

The construction industry is claiming that the government is in arrears to the tune of $200 million on various projects, so the timing of the overpass completion remains open to question.

Jim Bondoux

Join BoqueteTalks@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.