Yesterday's Total Solar Eclipse

Kent Blackwell

We love chasing total solar eclipses, but yesterday's Antarctic was not in the cards for us. Joe Rao reports they were clouded out, not only that but during totality, all 91 seconds of it, it began to rain! Oh my, imagine spending $50,000 to get there only to have it clouded out. We've seen sixteen, and only one clouded out. That was in the Arctic Circle. Pretty good odds, don't you think?

jimcoble2000

As bad as voyaging to see the Transit of Venus for 5 years and getting clouded out