From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...>
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 7:49 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Viewing Last Night

Wow, still shorts and t-shirt viewing weather. Caught a nice view of the red spot transit on Jupiter last night. Seeing was good, transparency not so much. Spent some time on the moon. The terminator was in a good position to show off the Apennine Mountains. Aristillus, Autolycuc and Archimedes all very dramatic ... Cheers Ian

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

George Reynolds

Good for you, Ian, looking at the Moon instead of those DSOs.  At IOMN last night Eddie Parris showed me an image he had taken of that same area, the Appenine Mountains, the Caucasus Mountains, with Archimedes, Autolycus, and Aristillus.  I identified the craters for him, then realized that something looked "off".  When we compared his image to a map of the Moon, I realized that his image was reversed.  Duh!  Emoji