Unknown tripod

George Reynolds

Can anyone identify the brand of tripod this is?  It is very sturdy and well-made, but has a weird "shoe" for attaching a scope or camera.  There is a logo on the side, but no brand name or manufacturer's data plate.

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15.  I hope to adapt it to one of my telescopes.

Matthew Cook

George,
   96% certain that’s the Celestron logo.
Matt

On Jan 21, 2022, at 09:54, George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

Can anyone identify the brand of tripod this is?  It is very sturdy and well-made, but has a weird "shoe" for attaching a scope or camera.  There is a logo on the side, but no brand name or manufacturer's data plate.

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15.  I hope to adapt it to one of my telescopes.

Celestron Astromaster ... Tripod

On 1/21/2022 9:53 AM, George Reynolds via groups.io wrote:
Can anyone identify the brand of tripod this is?  It is very sturdy and well-made, but has a weird "shoe" for attaching a scope or camera.  There is a logo on the side, but no brand name or manufacturer's data plate.

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15.  I hope to adapt it to one of my telescopes.

Matthew Cook

Ooooh.  Pictures.

On Jan 21, 2022, at 10:21, Ian Stewart <ian@...> wrote:

Celestron Astromaster ... Tripod

On 1/21/2022 9:53 AM, George Reynolds via groups.io wrote:
Can anyone identify the brand of tripod this is?  It is very sturdy and well-made, but has a weird "shoe" for attaching a scope or camera.  There is a logo on the side, but no brand name or manufacturer's data plate.

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15.  I hope to adapt it to one of my telescopes.

Yes, Celestron

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Jan 21, 2022, at 08:21, Ian Stewart <ian@...> wrote:

Celestron Astromaster ... Tripod

On 1/21/2022 9:53 AM, George Reynolds via groups.io wrote:
Can anyone identify the brand of tripod this is?  It is very sturdy and well-made, but has a weird "shoe" for attaching a scope or camera.  There is a logo on the side, but no brand name or manufacturer's data plate.

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15.  I hope to adapt it to one of my telescopes.

Jim Tallman

Celestron

Get Outlook for Android

Troy Riedel

Ian is correct.

Go to this link at Celestron:
https://www.celestron.com/pages/technical-support

Fill out the "Submit a ticket".

Ask if you can purchase the QRP/Dovetail. If memory serves, it has a single 1/4-20 screw.

You'll get an automated response - immediately - that it was received with a case # on it. It might take 48-72 hours for a response if submitted on a weekend - but you'll next receive a personal response that it's been assigned. Then another 24-48 hours you'll get a reply. Some small parts they will comp, but for something like the they'll tell you the price and ask if you wish to purchase it. If you do, they'll send you an invoice, pay, and they'll send it UPS.

I've used this process twice over the past 45-days.