Thursday night

Kent Blackwell

Despite some very fast moving clouds Thursday night, the atmospheric seeing was 10/10. Jupiter was the most beautiful planet I could imagine. That is until I trained my refractor to Saturn. Wow, Cassini's Division and the Crepe Ring and planet cloud belts stood out beautifully at 265x. That's not so much power for a big telescope but it is for a lowly 5".

I observed about two dozen tight double stars before retiring for the night. Was it a comfortable night? 82 degrees, 90% humidity and a lot of mosquitoes. You be the judge.

Kent

jimcoble2000

GUILTY