Thanks to Bob Hitt from the Chesapeake Planetarium

jimcoble2000

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.

Kent Blackwell

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.

Bird Taylor

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen, our AstroDog, and I loved watching the eclipse from our home in Hampton. What a beautiful event! I was just using naked eye and 7x50 binoculars.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.

jimcoble2000

what did the dog use??

On Monday, May 16, 2022, 01:14:15 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen, our AstroDog, and I loved watching the eclipse from our home in Hampton. What a beautiful event! I was just using naked eye and 7x50 binoculars.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.

Bird Taylor

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen used his amazing monochromatic night vision along with watering / fertilizing rest breaks that I’m sure a few plants and trees appreciated. Mosquitoes weren’t even biting, and the weather was cool and comfy. The wispy clouds floating in and out added to the drama as always. We really lucked out on the winds and rain. Thanks everyone for sharing the images and stories. Gazing at the night sky always seems to put everything back into perspective especially when shared with AstroBuddies both in person and remote.

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On May 16, 2022, at 15:14 57, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

what did the dog use??

On Monday, May 16, 2022, 01:14:15 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen, our AstroDog, and I loved watching the eclipse from our home in Hampton. What a beautiful event! I was just using naked eye and 7x50 binoculars.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.

George Reynolds

Bird,

It's great to hear from you after a long time!  So the reports of your demise are premature?

We hope to see you at a future BBAA meeting or outreach event.  (Man, I sure miss "Yuri's Night" at the Air & Space Museum!)

On Monday, May 16, 2022, 01:14:02 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen, our AstroDog, and I loved watching the eclipse from our home in Hampton. What a beautiful event! I was just using naked eye and 7x50 binoculars.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.

Bird Taylor

Hey George,

Yes, I've talked to AstroBuddies that had heard I'd retired and dropped out of astronomy altogether. I'm just waiting for the pandemic to finish its death march. I have two local granddaughters that aren't vaccinated, so I'll be solo observing for the foreseeable future.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird