Telescopes and other equipment up for sale

Jeffrey Thornton

The BBAA was approached by a family in Norfolk looking for advice on the value of some high-end optical telescopes they want to sell. The father, Dr. Joseph Guth, passed away and left the family with the task of repurposing this equipment. I was able to pay a visit yesterday, and this is a list of some of the equipment:

Celestron C11-XLT

Smart Astronomy Crayford focuser 10:1

Celestron Advanced GT EQ mount w/polar scope

Meade ETX125 OTA and mount

Case of Celestron EP’s and 1.25” filters 32, 15, 9 K10, 6, and 4 mm eyepieces.

E-Lux 40mm Plossl 1.25” EP

Rainbow Optics spectroscope

Homemade Solar Gamma-ray detector.

They want to sell the equipment to someone local just because of the logistics of shipping equipment this large.  All of the equipment was in immaculate shape. The Gamma-ray detector was interesting. It has a few 9-pin computer wires attached, and I suppose he was recording solar activity and reporting his finding to NASA. They want to donate the Gamma-ray detector to anyone who wants to carry on this endeavor. I have photos of all of this stuff. Just ask, and I will provide.

The photo is of the Gamma-ray detector.

Please get back to me if you are interested.

Shawn Loescher

Thank you for meeting them Jeff. Hopefully we can help them sell the equipment.

Jeffrey Thornton

Your welcome,

This is some like new equipment and it should sell. The Celestron C11-XLT starbright a really nice scope.

Jeff T.

Thank you for meeting them Jeff. Hopefully we can help them sell the equipment.