Ted's Article

Kent Blackwell

I just read Ted Forte's article Winter's Galaxy Groups in the January 2021 (2021, is that really possible?) issue of Sky & Telescope. Gosh, Ted, remember those cold Coinjock nights looking at galaxies and galaxy groups, especially around Orion, a place one wouldn't expect to find them? I can't think of anything more exhilarating than trying to identify a dozen galaxies in a 1/2-degree field of view when it's 31 degrees outside. I used to print out finder charts of the galaxy groups I planned to observe, and more than once could be found atop the 8' ladder rotating the chart left/right/upside down and every which-a-way trying to make heads or tails of it.

Anyway it was an informative article and a hoot to think back of happier days of being Lost In Space. "Quick, Will Robinson, back into the ship."

jimcoble2000

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger! We must be getting old. You reminded me last night that the last ECSP was in 2017. Ancient history.

"Are the Legends True Uncle Kent"?

"Yes they are all true"!