From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kent Blackwell
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 7:11 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Sunspots

There are several nice groups of sunspots today (9/8/21).

Jim Tallman

WOW!!! They are back!!! LOL.. I was imaging them this weekend on Sunday and couldn’t quite get to focus, though they were dust motes cause there were a lot!

Jim

I’ve been following them.  This (by HAC member Vince Sempronio) was caught two days ago, just before the clouds took over.

Ted (BBAA Southwest)

There are several nice groups of sunspots today (9/8/21).

charles jagow

BBAA High Mountains Division, reports phenomenal (comparative to the previous three years) sunspot activity and some great prominences.

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Sep 8, 2021, at 09:23, Jim Tallman <jctallman@...> wrote:

WOW!!! They are back!!! LOL.. I was imaging them this weekend on Sunday and couldn’t quite get to focus, though they were dust motes cause there were a lot!

Jim

I’ve been following them.  This (by HAC member Vince Sempronio) was caught two days ago, just before the clouds took over.

Ted (BBAA Southwest)

<image001.png>

There are several nice groups of sunspots today (9/8/21).

Jeffrey Thornton

Again today!! Looked through both the Hydrogen-Alpha and white light telescopes. The sun is extremely active this morning!