SUN Day cancelled, but Navy campout is still on.

George Reynolds

Sorry to say, the clouds will keep us from seeing the Sun today, so the Sun Day event at Elizabeth River Park is cancelled.

OTOH, the "Great Navy Campout" at Breezy Point Park on the Norfolk Naval Base is still on the schedule.  They expect about 75, and we need three volunteers to bring telescopes.  Please go to the event in the calendar and RSVP.

Sunset is 7:49 pm, so plan to set up around 7:30.  Unfortunately, the Moon will be nearly Full, but we should be able to see the planets Saturn and Jupiter, and some of the brighter stars, double stars, and constellations.

Access to the Naval Base is required, so if you want to come, but don't have a military or retired ID, call me at 757-332-0773 and let me know.  I will have the event contact person meet you at the NEX gas station parking lot.

Jim Tallman

And the date is???

Get Outlook for Android

jimcoble2000