Topics

Staunton River Star Party spring 2021

Stu Beaber

Hi everyone...I found this on line this morning. In case you were hoping for a spring star party...ain't gonna happen!

Stu

Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:01 AM

Greetings everyone,

Sorry for the delay of getting this out to everyone.

The Star Party is CANCELLED as you probably suspected. The State of Virginia has limited the size of group down to 10.

Also the park staff is minimal due to the pandemic as well. Even if the state lifted the group limits, the park wouldn't have enough time to hire the staff it would need to handle the star party. It's a multi faceted issue.

So we are looking ahead to October. Hopefully things will be better by then.

That being said - - - - - - - -

The park is still open and observing is still available. Even though the star party is not happening, if a group up to  10  would like to come up and observe on the field or by the pool complex. This can be arranged. Social distancing would be the key.

Talk with Stephanie or Camron at the park. 434-572-4623.

You can reach me at; spacenuut@...

Clear Skies and stay safe!

Jayme Hanzak

President of CHAOS