From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ian Stewart
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 9:23 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Starless Pacman

Finally got my guiding sorted out last night. Here's a starless version of the Ha component of NGC281 or the Pacman Nebula. I'll try and add some color and stars tonight.
Cheers
Ian
NGC281

Kent Blackwell

Amazing image. That's an object easy in binoculars in a dark sky and almost invisible with any telescope in light-polluted skies.

Ian Stewart

Sort of reminds me of Isaiah 40:26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. Well they did go missing but I'll get them back tonight.

Cheers

Ian

On 9/11/2021 2:04 PM, Ted Forte wrote:

Wow, Ian, I had no idea you had the power to make stars appear and disappear! I’m a little awed. LOL

Beautiful image.

Ted

BBAA Southwest

Finally got my guiding sorted out last night. Here's a starless version of the Ha component of NGC281 or the Pacman Nebula. I'll try and add some color and stars tonight.
Cheers
Ian
NGC281

Ian Stewart

Thanks Kent, took me a few nights to get things smoothed out after the summer hiatus.

Cheers

Ian

On 9/11/2021 2:23 PM, Kent Blackwell wrote:
Amazing image. That's an object easy in binoculars in a dark sky and almost invisible with any telescope in light-polluted skies.

charles jagow

Nice majik, no stars!!

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

Finally got my guiding sorted out last night. Here's a starless version of the Ha component of NGC281 or the Pacman Nebula. I'll try and add some color and stars tonight.
Cheers
Ian
NGC281

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

Roy Diffrient

The power of the dark side, Luke!

On Sep 11, 2021, at 3:42 PM, charles jagow <chuck@...> wrote:

Nice majik, no stars!!

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

Finally got my guiding sorted out last night. Here's a starless version of the Ha component of NGC281 or the Pacman Nebula. I'll try and add some color and stars tonight.
Cheers
Ian
NGC281

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

George Reynolds

Ian, I love your quote from Isaiah 40:26.  I like to use Luke 21:28, "look up, and lift up your heads, for your redemption draweth nigh", to illustrate the phrase made popular by Jack Horkheimer Stargazer, "Keep looking up!"

George Reynolds
"Star Geezer"