Solar report for Sunday December 13

Kent Blackwell

 Hello, it’s your good friend Kent with a solar report.  Remember when I said the activity on the sun is finally increasing after two years of dormant?  Well, the sun has proved me wrong the last few days. There is nothing in H Alpha and nothing in white light. No sunspots.  I’m asking Santa Claus to give us some activity.

Ian Stewart

Wow, nary a speck.

On 12/13/2020 11:46 AM, Kent Blackwell wrote:
 Hello, it’s your good friend Kent with a solar report.  Remember when I said the activity on the sun is finally increasing after two years of dormant?  Well, the sun has proved me wrong the last few days. There is nothing in H Alpha and nothing in white light. No sunspots.  I’m asking Santa Claus to give us some activity.

jimcoble2000

NO

On Sunday, December 13, 2020, 11:46:55 AM EST, Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

 Hello, it’s your good friend Kent with a solar report.  Remember when I said the activity on the sun is finally increasing after two years of dormant?  Well, the sun has proved me wrong the last few days. There is nothing in H Alpha and nothing in white light. No sunspots.  I’m asking Santa Claus to give us some activity.

vp

Bad Santa, Bad Santa!

On December 13, 2020 4:44 PM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

NO

On Sunday, December 13, 2020, 11:46:55 AM EST, Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

 Hello, it’s your good friend Kent with a solar report.  Remember when I said the activity on the sun is finally increasing after two years of dormant?  Well, the sun has proved me wrong the last few days. There is nothing in H Alpha and nothing in white light. No sunspots.  I’m asking Santa Claus to give us some activity.

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator