Solar report

Kent Blackwell

 I hope everyone survived the storm early this morning. We had a lot of branches fall but nothing major.

 There’s one nice prominence on the eastern limb of the sun and a couple of filaments.  I haven’t checked in white light  yet to see if there are any sunspots.

jimcoble2000

There are a couple of hot spots that I assume coincide with sunspots

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:29:44 AM EDT, Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

 I hope everyone survived the storm early this morning. We had a lot of branches fall but nothing major.

 There’s one nice prominence on the eastern limb of the sun and a couple of filaments.  I haven’t checked in white light  yet to see if there are any sunspots.

charles jagow

I drug out the Solar rig, as I do every clear morning during this COVID attack.

An we have a SUNSPOT and light prominences and flares in the HA.

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Kent Blackwell <kent@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 11:29 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Solar report

 I hope everyone survived the storm early this morning. We had a lot of branches fall but nothing major.

 There’s one nice prominence on the eastern limb of the sun and a couple of filaments.  I haven’t checked in white light  yet to see if there are any sunspots.

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512