Soar report Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Kent Blackwell

There are one large and one medium-sized sunspots on the sun, both on the SE limb of the sun visible at about 20x through properly filtered telescopes. Don't expect much in H-alpha light but at least we finally have sunspot activity.

jimcoble2000

Yes you have it. There is a bright hot spot down by the larger sunspot evident in both Ha and white light. A couple small loop prominence at the top of the disc opposite the larger sunspot. The spot has one large classic spot and many darker spots of opposite polarity. Good seeing and transparency on the sun.