Snake

Stu Beaber

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

charles jagow

A dead one?

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Sep 11, 2021, at 5:51 PM, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?
<20210429_133203.jpg>

Ted Forte

My money is on a juvenile Eastern Ratsnake.

Ted

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

Stu Beaber

Yeah...but I only have black snakes and garder snakes here...til this summer. I killed this one on the deck about 3 weeks ago and today another just like it under the door to the astroshack!

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 8:48 PM charles jagow <chuck@...> wrote:
A dead one?

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Sep 11, 2021, at 5:51 PM, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?
<20210429_133203.jpg>

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

Jim Tallman

No rattle..?

Get Outlook for Android

Jim Tallman

You know the cane break rattlesnake is around...

Get Outlook for Android

Stu Beaber

Does look very similar...

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 8:54 PM Ted Forte <tedforte511@...> wrote:

My money is on a juvenile Eastern Ratsnake.

Ted

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

Kayce Cover

Looks like a watersnake to me - I think, a Northern Watersnake.  He looks very thin.  Is he alive?
Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:
Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

Stu Beaber

Nope

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 9:00 PM Jim Tallman <jctallman@...> wrote:
No rattle..?

Get Outlook for Android

Kayce Cover

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 9:05 PM Kayce Cover via groups.io <synalia=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks like a watersnake to me - I think, a Northern Watersnake.  He looks very thin.  Is he alive?
Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:
Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

Stu Beaber

That was my first guess when I bagged the first. I do have a shallow lake right behide my house

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 9:05 PM Kayce Cover <synalia@...> wrote:
Looks like a watersnake to me - I think, a Northern Watersnake.  He looks very thin.  Is he alive?
Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:
Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

Stu Beaber

No longer...don't like snakes. I average 4 or 5 a year here

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 9:05 PM Kayce Cover <synalia@...> wrote:
Looks like a watersnake to me - I think, a Northern Watersnake.  He looks very thin.  Is he alive?
Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:
Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

Stu Beaber

Ted...after reading a bit about it, I believe you are correct...good job!

Stu

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 8:54 PM Ted Forte <tedforte511@...> wrote:

My money is on a juvenile Eastern Ratsnake.

Ted

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

jimcoble2000

corn snake

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 07:51:38 PM EDT, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

jimcoble2000

Band across the top of the eyes, corn snake

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 07:51:38 PM EDT, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

jimcoble2000

sigh........................you must believe in biblical injunctions to kill snakes Stu. You like
mice and rats better?Emoji

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 08:59:50 PM EDT, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Yeah...but I only have black snakes and garder snakes here...til this summer. I killed this one on the deck about 3 weeks ago and today another just like it under the door to the astroshack!

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 8:48 PM charles jagow <chuck@...> wrote:
A dead one?

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Sep 11, 2021, at 5:51 PM, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?
<20210429_133203.jpg>

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

jimcoble2000

I think Ted's right on that one

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 09:04:58 PM EDT, Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Does look very similar...

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 8:54 PM Ted Forte <tedforte511@...> wrote:

My money is on a juvenile Eastern Ratsnake.

Ted

Anybody know what kind of snake this is?

jimcoble2000

Just not in this picture!Emoji

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 09:01:55 PM EDT, Jim Tallman <jctallman@...> wrote:

You know the cane break rattlesnake is around...

Get Outlook for Android

jimcoble2000

They are a whole lot bigger than that.

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 09:01:55 PM EDT, Jim Tallman <jctallman@...> wrote:

You know the cane break rattlesnake is around...

Get Outlook for Android

Stu Beaber

No ...I have nothing against snakes personally...they are kinda cool, however when they invade my space, one of us has to go...
BTW...thanks Kayce for the great reference. I'll save that.

Stu