Skywatch Tonight -- and NEXT weekend

George Reynolds

Due to a combination of circumstances, I am not going to be able to make it to Skywatch tonight.  We have relatives visiting from Maryland for the weekend, and we just got home from Williamsburg and 8 hours of Christmas shopping.  Besides the fact that I should be with them, I have worn out from walking around all day.

Add to that the fact that I have only one good eye to see with to drive (I can't use my glasses for my left eye after cataract surgery), and it is hard for me to see at night.

I wish I could be there, but I'm afraid I'll have to bow out for tonight.

And don't forget, our December Skywatch is going to be NEXT Saturday!  Our regular Skywatch night in December would have fallen on December 25, Christmas Day.  Our Nightwatch date of 4 Dec was canceled by the park for an event of their own, so we rescheduled Skywatch for December 4th.

I don't think I will be able to attend that Skywatch either, since my second eye will be operated on for cataracts on December 1, and I will not be able to drive or lift anything like my telescope (or possibly even look through a telescope) for a week or more after surgery.  And I can't get a new eyeglasses prescription until three weeks after that surgery.  And then it will take a few weeks after that for the new glasses to be produced.

I am really looking forward to the New Year, when I will be able to SEE again -- hopefully better than before.

Take your time and recover right George. Anyways you are too busy with all those eye drops for the next month or so.Emoji

On Saturday, November 27, 2021, 04:22:01 PM EST, George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

[...]

Secretary

George,

I will be attending the club meeting on 12/2. If you are up for it, I can give you a ride. It's not that much of a detour to swing by Pembroke area of VB on the way down.

Let me know and I wish you the best with the 2nd eye.

Jeff Thornton

On November 27, 2021 4:21 PM George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

http://www.backbayastro.org (http://www.backbayastro.org/)
http://www.geocities.com/pathfinder027/spacex.html

http://groups.hamptonroads.com/BBAA/
Jeffrey Thornton
Secretary,
Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

George Reynolds

Thanks, Jeff.  Jeff Goldstein already offered to give me a ride to the club meeting Thursday night.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness.