Skywatch tonight

George Reynolds

Skywatch is ON for tonight, though the forecast calls for partly cloudy skies. Sunset is 1916 (that's 7:16 pm for you civilians).

I'm good to go

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 8:15:11 AM EDT, George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

Skywatch is ON for tonight, though the forecast calls for partly cloudy skies. Sunset is 1916 (that's 7:16 pm for you civilians).

Thank goodness someone translates to us civilians. I hate counting on my fingers when trying to figure out what 1916 time is.

jimcoble2000

7:16 get with the program!

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 3:38:08 PM EDT, Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

Thank goodness someone translates to us civilians. I hate counting on my fingers when trying to figure out what 1916 time is.

Jonathan Scheetz

I had a great time at the watch last night.  Thanks to everyone for letting me look through your scopes.  Dark Skies do make a difference - I saw many things with my scope last night that I haven't been able to see from home.
I was thrilled to be able to see some markings on mars and to make out the very small polar ice cap.  Best viewing of the Andromeda galaxy so far.  The double cluster looked fantastic in my 2" 40mm EP.
A lot of unexpected views last night - like seeing the blue snowball nebula thru Stan's 10 inch dob.
I enjoyed the evening very much.
I am retired now and hope to spend more time participating the group and learning more about Astronomy.

Jeff Goldstein

Johnathan,

Sorry, I didn’t meet you out there last night. I was amazed we saw the stars at all as the skies cleared all of a sudden for a few hours.

I’m glad we got to see more than just Jupiter and Saturn. I was at my APO 5” Refractor at the West end of the line.

I sure do hope to meet you at our next outreach.

Sincerely,

Jeff Goldstein

I had a great time at the watch last night.  Thanks to everyone for letting me look through your scopes.  Dark Skies do make a difference - I saw many things with my scope last night that I haven't been able to see from home.
I was thrilled to be able to see some markings on mars and to make out the very small polar ice cap.  Best viewing of the Andromeda galaxy so far.  The double cluster looked fantastic in my 2" 40mm EP.
A lot of unexpected views last night - like seeing the blue snowball nebula thru Stan's 10 inch dob.
I enjoyed the evening very much.
I am retired now and hope to spend more time participating the group and learning more about Astronomy.

jimcoble2000

A pleasure to observe with you. Your 8 inch Celestron is one of the nicer SCTs I have seen.

On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 8:29:23 PM EDT, Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I had a great time at the watch last night.  Thanks to everyone for letting me look through your scopes.  Dark Skies do make a difference - I saw many things with my scope last night that I haven't been able to see from home.
I was thrilled to be able to see some markings on mars and to make out the very small polar ice cap.  Best viewing of the Andromeda galaxy so far.  The double cluster looked fantastic in my 2" 40mm EP.
A lot of unexpected views last night - like seeing the blue snowball nebula thru Stan's 10 inch dob.
I enjoyed the evening very much.
I am retired now and hope to spend more time participating the group and learning more about Astronomy.

vp

We were glad to have you at Skywatch, Jonathan.  I'm glad you got to look through other members' scopes and talk to them.  I'm sorry I didn't get to interact with you very much.  I hope to see you at a lot of our events in the future.  Welcome to the club!

George
On September 13, 2020 9:59 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I had a great time at the watch last night.  Thanks to everyone for letting me look through your scopes.  Dark Skies do make a difference - I saw many things with my scope last night that I haven't been able to see from home.
I was thrilled to be able to see some markings on mars and to make out the very small polar ice cap.  Best viewing of the Andromeda galaxy so far.  The double cluster looked fantastic in my 2" 40mm EP.
A lot of unexpected views last night - like seeing the blue snowball nebula thru Stan's 10 inch dob.
I enjoyed the evening very much.
I am retired now and hope to spend more time participating the group and learning more about Astronomy.

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator