From: Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...>
To: BBAA-Group <backbayastro@groups.io>, VPAS <vpas@groups.io>, kentblackwell <kent@...>, Roy Diffrient <mail@...>
Subject: Received my Mars Pocket Atlas today
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 21:30:35 +0000 (UTC)

Opened up the mail box and what was there, a white package with a small book. I looked at the writing and address as II was not expecting anything today and for the life of me I could not figure out what language it was. My name and address was correct but the return baffled me. Then I realized it was that Mars pocket atlas and the language was Hungarian. Now if I recall Hungarian is totally unique and it's origins are a bit obscure.

Anyways, what a nice little pocket atlas. It is quite thorough. If you have ordered one and not seen it yet I think you will be surprised how good it is. This will be a nice guide at the telescope in a couple of years! Until then I should keep it in it's wrapper.

vp

Mark,

Is the writing inside the atlas in English?

I am awaiting my copy.

George
On April 2, 2021 5:30 PM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Opened up the mail box and what was there, a white package with a small book. I looked at the writing and address as II was not expecting anything today and for the life of me I could not figure out what language it was. My name and address was correct but the return baffled me. Then I realized it was that Mars pocket atlas and the language was Hungarian. Now if I recall Hungarian is totally unique and it's origins are a bit obscure.

Anyways, what a nice little pocket atlas. It is quite thorough. If you have ordered one and not seen it yet I think you will be surprised how good it is. This will be a nice guide at the telescope in a couple of years! Until then I should keep it in it's wrapper.

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

jimcoble2000

Yes. Both Languages, English and Hungarian.

On Friday, April 2, 2021, 8:54:29 PM EDT, vp <vp@...> wrote:

[...]

I received my Mars atlas on Saturday.  It is amazing!  Thanks, Mark, for alerting us to the opportunity to get it.

George

On April 2, 2021 9:22 PM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

[...]

you are welcome