From: jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...>
To: kentblackwell <kent@...>; Roy Diffrient <mail@...>; BBAA-Group <backbayastro@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 14, 2021 4:14 pm
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Possible Jupiter impact

It may be that something hit Jupiter last night. I saw no indications of anything unusual but maybe we should monitor the planet for the next few days. May change or may not but it would be a pity to miss a repeat of the great impact years ago.

jimcoble2000

After observing Jupiter tonight for 4 hours I saw no trace of any unusual remnants from the reported impact. The site rotated on the face around 0000. While detail was excellent no trace of impact was seen.

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 12:44:44 AM EDT, galacticprobe via groups.io <lambulambu@...> wrote:

Looks like there's no "maybe" about this one. I saw a notice in my SpaceWeather e-newsletter after reading the post. They've got some details on the impact at

 https://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=15&month=09&year=2021. (I've included the full url in case someone doesn't get a chance to view the article today. If I just put up the main url (https://spaceweather.com/) and someone visits it on the 16th, they'll get whatever news is posted for that day. That said, there is a red "archives" date selection just to the right of the article so you can view past items of interest. Simply choose the month, day, and year, from the pull-down selection and then click the "view" button.)

"Keep looking up!"
Dino.