Pluto observation

Kent Blackwell

My intention Tuesday night was to look at the Perseid meteor shower but once I started looking through my telescope my eye remained glued to the eyepiece. One of the most interesting objects was Pluto. It's been years since I've seen it and currently it's easy to spot in a large amateur telescope because it lies next to a "bright" 12.5 magnitude star. It's also nice to observe so many wonderful open and globular clusters gracing the southern skies these hot August nights. And hot it was; 83 degrees with 90% humidity. Oh, and a lot of mosquitos, who by the way, do NOT like or bite Kent. But they are a nuisance buzzing around all night.
As I put my telescope away I looked up and saw a fireball meteor in the NW sky at 11:45 pm. I hope others saw numerous meteors.

jimcoble2000

my answer to the conditions