From: Charles Jagow <chuck@...>
To: President <president@...>, Vice President <vp@...>, Secretary <secretary@...>, Charles Jagow <treasurer@...>
Date: July 20, 2020 9:49 PM
Subject: picnic

We have three members who have signed up in the picnic database, the Treasurer, VP and ALCOR for six people.

Is it worth doing all the work for less than 10 people, assuming the president shows up?

Maybe we should just cancel the darn thing.

Need to know by about 0900 as that is when I am heading to SAM’s club.

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

Kayce Cover

Sorry the picnic is not getting the enthusiasm it deserves.  The world seems so topsy-turvy right now, and with the heat, the virus, the imperative to grow food, just in case, it is hard to just keep up.

Anyway, this is a great club.  We had to let our membership lapse at renewal time, but can rejoin now.  Can someone tell me what the dues are now, and can we just pay again, or do we need to go through a process to join again.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:03 PM vp <vp@...> wrote:
Forwarding Chuck's message.

Should we cancel this Saturday's picnic?  no one has responded that they will be there.

George
We have three members who have signed up in the picnic database, the Treasurer, VP and ALCOR for six people.

Is it worth doing all the work for less than 10 people, assuming the president shows up?

Maybe we should just cancel the darn thing.

Need to know by about 0900 as that is when I am heading to SAM’s club.

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

Jim Tallman

George,
Given the current situation, I know that I won't be there. I just don't trust people to have been doing the right thing. Even if we are outside

Jim

On Jul 20, 2020 at 23:03, vp <vp@...> wrote:

Forwarding Chuck's message.

Should we cancel this Saturday's picnic?  no one has responded that they will be there.

George
We have three members who have signed up in the picnic database, the Treasurer, VP and ALCOR for six people.

Is it worth doing all the work for less than 10 people, assuming the president shows up?

Maybe we should just cancel the darn thing.

Need to know by about 0900 as that is when I am heading to SAM’s club.

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

jimcoble2000

Between heat, the current situation, and the fact that Hampton Roads is now the state hot spot, I fear there is really only one responsible option. The guiding principle is "abundance of caution" when dealing with uncertainty and considering the high cost of making a mistake. There will be picnics to come in the future.

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 5:51:00 AM EDT, Jim Tallman <jctallman@...> wrote:

[...]

.....which isn't saying that there aren't those in the BBAA that I do trust, because I do.

 It's the folks I don't know that I cannot trust.

Jim