Phantom of the Opera Nebula

Ian Stewart

This guy's pretty faint. I have 6 hours on SH2-173 as of last night and its still pretty faint. This one is often referred to as the Phantom of the Opera Nebula. Personally I see a cat face.
Cheers
Ian
Phantom of the Opera Nebula

charles jagow

Very nice and faint!

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Sep 25, 2021, at 10:10, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

This guy's pretty faint. I have 6 hours on SH2-173 as of last night and its still pretty faint. This one is often referred to as the Phantom of the Opera Nebula. Personally I see a cat face.
Cheers
Ian
Phantom of the Opera Nebula

Ted Forte

Oh, that’s got to be a Mircat

But who knows, later today, after an adult beverage or two, maybe that phantom thing will come through.

Great image Ian.

Ted

This guy's pretty faint. I have 6 hours on SH2-173 as of last night and its still pretty faint. This one is often referred to as the Phantom of the Opera Nebula. Personally I see a cat face.
Cheers
Ian
Phantom of the Opera Nebula

Roy Diffrient

So faint I'll likely never see it in my (or any other) telescope eyepiece.  Thanks Ian - really nice and appropriately ghostly image.

Roy

On 9/25/2021 12:10 PM, Ian Stewart wrote:
This guy's pretty faint. I have 6 hours on SH2-173 as of last night and its still pretty faint. This one is often referred to as the Phantom of the Opera Nebula. Personally I see a cat face.
Cheers
Ian
Phantom of the Opera Nebula

Ian Stewart

Added some color data from last night ... Cheers Ian
SH2 173