Oh a different satellite report

jimcoble2000

Forgot to mention last night we saw a satellite passing under the moon which would normally not merit comment but as it went under the moon it lit up quite brightly. Those of you who have spent some time under the skies can recall the Iridium constellation of satellites that flared and then faded on a remarkably predictable schedule. All those are now de-orbited so it is odd to see a satellite flare and fade now. I suppose that the moon's light was reflected off the solar panels when the satellite came into the right window to reflect lunar reflected light. Double reflected light so to speak.  The satellite faded quickly after passing away from the moon.