Observing coming up.

jimcoble2000

All's Quiet on the Western Front as far as observing is concerned. After three days of clear to sort of clear skies we are back to our usual pattern.  Two of those three days were pretty steamy at night. One was quite nice.

Mars and the moon come into alignment on the 5th of Sept. Good time to start a Mars campaign. I have been observing it off and on since a couple of months ago but now is the time to get in gear. It will be the last good chance for a decade to come. Large disc and riding high in the sky.

Which, by the way, may mean for a few of us................ the last chance for a good look... period. No mo. NADA

The good news is this year it is riding very high in the east and is perfectly placed for observing from the balcony. This observatory has a bar attached. What more could you ask for. What's not to like?

Stu Beaber

I take it when you say, "This observatory has a bar attached." You mean "metal"... and "wet"....

Stu