Milky Way Tour Last Night

Ian Stewart

A wonderful evening last night albeit somewhat noisy with all the fireworks going off in the distant. Did a tour through the milky way with my 5 inch triplet. Started at the Veil in Cygnus and then onto Alberio (lovely), the Dumbell Nebula, M71 in Sagitta, Brocchi's Cluster, Wild Duck Cluster in Aquila, M22 in Sagittarius and then across and up through the Lagoon, Trifid, M24, Omega, and Eagle Nebula ... Cheers Ian

Matthew Cook

That’s a nice night of observation…:)

On Jul 5, 2021, at 12:00, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

A wonderful evening last night albeit somewhat noisy with all the fireworks going off in the distant. Did a tour through the milky way with my 5 inch triplet. Started at the Veil in Cygnus and then onto Alberio (lovely), the Dumbell Nebula, M71 in Sagitta, Brocchi's Cluster, Wild Duck Cluster in Aquila, M22 in Sagittarius and then across and up through the Lagoon, Trifid, M24, Omega, and Eagle Nebula ... Cheers Ian

jimcoble2000

We were out doing the same thing Saturday.

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:00:59 PM EDT, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

A wonderful evening last night albeit somewhat noisy with all the fireworks going off in the distant. Did a tour through the milky way with my 5 inch triplet. Started at the Veil in Cygnus and then onto Alberio (lovely), the Dumbell Nebula, M71 in Sagitta, Brocchi's Cluster, Wild Duck Cluster in Aquila, M22 in Sagittarius and then across and up through the Lagoon, Trifid, M24, Omega, and Eagle Nebula ... Cheers Ian

George Reynolds

Ian, we saw a lot of those same objects Saturday night at Skywatch at Northwest River Park, in various telescopes.